Forum Rules Policy
So here’s the rules, we need rules to help the place running smoothly and protect our broad church of users. So here are a few key pointers…
We have an amazing forum with a huge wealth of helpful information. Yet remember it’s open to all, and sometimes messages are posted that are misleading or downright wrong. Most users are helpful but there are always a few bad apples. Don’t rely on information being accurate or complete. If you do, it’s at your own risk. Please do your own research before acting.
We can actually be liable for what you post. When you post something, not only are you liable for what you say, but we can become liable too as the host. So it’s not a case of posting what you like, and we can delete posts if needed. Of course, our aim is to ensure legitimate information about car buying experiences or fighting for consumer rights.
Posting is a privilege, not a right. This is a privately-owned site. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped and removed at our discretion – with or without explanation. No one pays to use this site; when there are issues, we pay to resolve them. Sometimes we need to prioritise spending money on the site, other issues or better resources.
Please be nice to all Carbuco users. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide information and experiences. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue.
The rules listed below may be changed or amended at any time. These guidelines are here to give you a legitimate expectation of how the forum runs, but they do not bind us.
1. We encourage debate and the sharing of information between our users. However, we do require that your use of our Forum, Social Media and any other communication systems that we provide is lawful and in accordance with our Forum Rules which are incorporated into these Terms.
2. We accept no liability for user content on the Site provided by yourself or by others, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such user content. You acknowledge and accept that user content posted on our Site is the opinion of the person posting only and in no way reflects our opinions or attitudes. You further acknowledge and accept that we have no obligation to moderate any content posted by you and other users on the Site.
3. You warrant that the content you post does not contain extremist views, appear to incite or promote terrorist activities and is not obscene, fraudulent, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful or embarrassing to any other person as determined by us in our sole discretion, or illegal. You further warrant that the content you submit to us does not infringe any intellectual property right or proprietary or privacy right of any party or individual.
You agree not to:
Post or transmit advertisements for or solicitations of business (whether openly, or under the false guise of an unconnected party);
After receiving a warning or otherwise being banned from the Site, continue to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, post or transmit comments that are not related to the topic being discussed;
Post or transmit chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- impersonate another person;
- disguise the IP address of the connection used to post any message;
- post or transmit any files containing viruses or other harmful computer code;
- harvest or otherwise collect or use information about others, including email addresses, without their explicit consent;
- allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments or for communicating with other users;
- post the same note more than once or spam;
- knowingly post untrue information about another person or business with the intention of harming their reputation or livelihood;
- engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying these areas of our Site, or which, in our judgement, exposes us to any liability or detriment of any type;
- intentionally make false or misleading statements about investments, their price or their prospects. If you do, you may be committing a criminal offence;
- post either intentionally or otherwise, any material that could have the effect of manipulating the market value of any investment. This may be a criminal offence; or give investment advice by way of business or make financial promotions.
Terms and Conditions:
- Advice Centre / Videos, Blogs, Vlogs
- Crowd funding
- Cause / Campaigns